Located In Ludington, MI
In 1894, the Epworth League Training Assembly acquired land on the Lake Michigan beachfront in Ludington, Michigan for “scientific, intellectual, and religious studies” and immediately constructed a frame hotel. Epworth Heights was originally affiliated with the Methodist Church. Now Epworth Heights is a summer colony featuring 225 cottages, 250 acres, seven tennis courts, a nine-hole golf course, and a peak summer population of about 2,000. Part of the original Epworth Grand Hotel is now a museum.